GURNARD PARISH COUNCIL
PLANNING & LICENCING COMMITTEE
TERMS OF REFERENCE.
1. The Planning Committee will meet as required between full council meetings to discuss urgent planning applications.
2. The aims and objectives of the Group are: –
TO PROVIDE COMMENTS TO THE ISLE OF WIGHT COUNCIL PLANNING DEPARTMENT WITHIN THE THREE WEEK CONSULTATION PERIOD ON BEHALF OF THE PARISH COUNCIL AND OTHER BODIES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE VILLAGE AND RAISE ANY COMMENTS TO ANY LICENCING APPLICATION.
3. THE COMMITTEE.
The Committee is made up of members as follows: –
9 Councillor Parish Councillors
4. The Committee has delegated powers to make comments on behalf of the Parish Council.
5. The administration of the Committee shall be undertaken by the Parish Clerk if available, who will supply a link to the Isle of Wight Council’s website for each application and power point presentation at the meeting.
7. The Group will meet as required, normally on the last Wednesday of the month.
8. The Parish Council’s Standing Orders will apply to the Committees were relevant.
9. The Parish Council shall approve any change to the Committee Terms of Reference.
10. The quorum shall be three.
11. All Group Members will be bound by the obligations imposed by the Code of Conduct as adopted by Gurnard Parish Council.
12. Minutes from the meeting will be published on the Parish Council website.
13. In the event of planning applications being advertised for the Parish of Gurnard when no planning meetings are scheduled (for example August and the Christmas closedown) all papers shall be emailed to members for their comments. If there is a consensus of opinion, the clerk can collate the comments and forward to the Local Planning Authority (IW Council) on behalf of the council. If there are differences of opinion, or the applications are deemed controversial, or if they are for a development the clerk will call a meeting at an appropriate time for members to debate the applications and make formal comments.
Approved by Gurnard Parish Council 11 June 2015.
Reviewed and amended by Gurnard Parish Council 12 January 2017.
Reviewed and amended by Gurnard Parish Council 10 January 2018.
Reviewed by Gurnard Parish Council 8 January 2020.