GURNARD PARISH COUNCIL
Audio Recording of Parish Council and Committee Meetings
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- The Council has agreed to introduce the recording of parish council meetings to improve minute taking of meetings to provide greater clarity on how decisions are reached.
- The minutes of meetings are the only legal record of that meeting and will be the only method used in determining a challenge on the validity of any decision made.
- The Council is required to ensure that minutes are an accurate record of the proceedings and the audio recording of meetings could assist this aim.
- It will be at the discretion of the Council and/or Committee as to which meetings are recorded.
- Prior to commencement of the meeting the Chairman of the meeting will announce that the meeting will be recorded.
- Any member or the Clerk may request termination or suspension of the recording of a meeting if continuing the recording would prejudice the proceedings of the meeting. This includes:- Public disturbance or other suspension of the meeting – Exclusion of the public or press – Any other reason agreed by the Council or Committee
- Exempt and confidential Agenda Items will not be recorded.
- Meetings will be recorded onto the Council’s digital media recorder. No copies or transcripts of this recording will be provided.
- The Council will consider requests for an audio copy of Council minutes for accessibility requirements only.
- All recordings of meetings will be deleted after the minutes have been approved unless the data is subject to one of the disclosure reasons noted below.
Data may only be disclosed for the purpose of legal proceedings including prospective legal proceedings, for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, by order of the court, for the detection and prevention of crime or if the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
Adopted by Gurnard Parish Council 14 January 2016.
Reviewed, no amendments necessary 12 January 2017.
Reviewed no amendments 9/1/19.
Reviewed no amendments 8/1/20.
Reviewed no amendments 13/1/21.
Reviewed no amendments 12/1/22.
Reviewed no amendments 11/1/23.