The minutes of the meeting of Gurnard Parish Council held at 6.30pm on Wednesday 8th November 2023 at Gurnard Village Hall.
Present: Councillors Fuller (Chair), Bugden, Jacobs, Nolan, Wood Franklin and Acton.
Clerk: Richard Shaul
No members of the public were present
Apologies: Cllrs Williams and Bustin
- Members’ declarations of interest
Cllr Fuller declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 127.23-24.1. As cabinet member for planning, things that are said in this meeting may change if further information is presented.
Cllr Fuller declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 133.23-24, as he is also an Isle of Wight councillor.
The minutes of the meeting of the council held on 11th October 2023 were taken as read, approved as a correct record and signed by the chair. No matters arising.
- Planning, licensing and tree preservation order applications
- To consider the following planning and licensing applications:
- 37 Worsley Road Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight PO31 8JW
Ref. No: 23/01809/HOU | Received: Mon 16 Oct 2023 | Validated: Mon 16 Oct 2023 | Status: Registered
Resolved: No objection
- The following planning decisions were noted:
- 22/01445/FUL 5 Upper Horn Hill Rew Street Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight PO31 8NT Proposal: Use of chalet as permanent residential dwelling
Decision: GTD Decision Date: 25/10/2023
- 23/00666/HOU 37 Woodvale Road Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight PO31 8EE Demolition of existing garage and shed and replacement with new garage/store; Roof extension with dormers to provide main living accommodation at first floor level, to include two storey extension to southern corner with adjacent terrace and single storey extension at rear northern corner with terrace over (revised plans)(readvertised application)
GTD Decision Date: 27/10/2023
- IW Councillor and Parish Council Chairman
- Clerk’s Report
Request that clerk follows up issues:
- Repairs to seat and gutter
- Broken glass under seats, and sweeping around toilets
- Clock reset for winter hours
- Signing off sheets
- Arrange HR meeting for clerk’s review
- Councillors reports
Cllr Acton reported back on Parish consultation meeting of 7th November.
- Clerk to draft a pie chart presentation of Parish Council expenditure
- Publish in Gurnard News the four areas that the Parish Council are considering for Parish Consultation:
- Enhance are around the clock
- Look at schemes and projects across the village e.g. grass verges and speed reduction
- Enhance the beach area including village green
- Additional facilities e.g. Planning enforcement officer
- Cheque and electronic payments for October
The clerk provided details of 2 payment of £13.51 relating to October that had been paid but not yet approved at a council meeting.
The clerk provided details of 5 payments totalling £6,715.98 that were due to be paid but not yet approved at a council meeting.
1 receipts of £37.69 was noted.
- Copy bank statements and bank reconciliation for October were circulated prior to the meeting.
- Old School Meadow working party meeting of 18th October 2023
Notes from the OSMWP were circulated prior to the meeting with the following actions:
- Clerk to investigate costs to move the 4 seats previously at the fire pit area to the area of the recently planted memorial tree.
- That a budget of £100 be available for hedge cutting
- That the clerk requests Green Gym undertake the work to the raised beds as described in the notes (approx cost £100)
Resolved: Actions approved
- Community Emergency plan
Resolved: Adjourn until next meeting
- Grants Panel
The grants recommended by the Grants Panel are:
Citizens Advice Isle of Wight a grant of £150
Ability dogs 4 young People a grant of £150
Solent Singers a grant of £150
- Gurnard Village Green status application
Proposal that the Parish Council make a formal complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman regarding the current status of our Village Green application
- Gurnard Village Green Children’s play area
Proposal that a working party is formed to check the current condition of the items currently in the children’s play area determine what needs repairing, what needs replacing and where items should be positioned. Working party members to be Cllrs Fuller, Wood, Nolan and Bugden. Cllr Acton to produce terms of reference. Cllr Fuller to arrange site meeting visit (16th November 2023) and initial meeting.
- Exclusion of press and public
In accordance with section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act of 1960, the press and public will be excluded from the following items, having due regard to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
- Freedom of information request
The Clerk had circulated the proposed FOI submission prior to the meeting.
This was noted, with the request that some non-relevant information and personal email addresses be removed or redacted.
- Items for future meetings:
- Emergency plan
- Feedback from Children’s play area working party – Facilities Committee
- New email system
The meeting closed at 20:04