2nd November 2023
You are hereby summoned to a meeting of Gurnard Parish Council which will be held on Wednesday 8th November 2023 starting at 6.30pm at Gurnard Village Hall, Westbrook Lane, Gurnard in order to discuss and consider the following items:
clerk to the Council
Before the meeting is formally opened by the Chairman there will be an opportunity for members of the Public to make comments and to ask questions.
- Apologies for Absence
To receive and approve any apologies for absence
- Members’ Declarations of pecuniary and non-pecuniary Interests
- To receive Members’ Declarations of pecuniary and non-pecuniary Interests
- To receive and consider any written dispensation requests
To take as read, approve and sign the Minutes of the Meeting held on 11th October 2023
- Planning, Licensing & Tree Preservation Order Applications
- To consider the following planning and licensing applications:
- 37 Worsley Road Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight PO31 8JW
Ref. No: 23/01809/HOU | Received: Mon 16 Oct 2023 | Validated: Mon 16 Oct 2023 | Status: Registered
Proposed single/two storey rear extension and extension at 1st floor level on side elevation; alterations
Consultation end date 24/11/2023
- To receive details of any planning decisions received by 2nd November 2023.
- 22/01445/FUL 5 Upper Horn Hill Rew Street Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight PO31 8NT Proposal: Use of chalet as permanent residential dwelling
Decision: GTD Decision Date: 25/10/2023
- 23/00666/HOU 37 Woodvale Road Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight PO31 8EE Demolition of existing garage and shed and replacement with new garage/store; Roof extension with dormers to provide main living accommodation at first floor level, to include two storey extension to southern corner with adjacent terrace and single storey extension at rear northern corner with terrace over (revised plans)(readvertised application)
GTD Decision Date: 27/10/2023
- To receive the following reports (For information only)
- IW Council and Parish Council Chairman
- Clerk to the Parish Council
- To approve the cheque and electronic payments October.
- To note the copy bank statements and bank reconciliation.
- Old School Meadow working party meeting of 18th October 2023
Notes from the OSMWP have been circulated prior to then meeting. Proposal to agree the following actions from the meeting:
- That four seats removed from the fire pit area be moved to the area of the recently planted memorial tree.
- That the clerk obtains a quote for hedge cutting in order that the Committee can approve the work being done before the 17th We have been quoted 1 hour work @ £22.
- To approve that the clerk requests Green Gym undertake the work to the raised beds as described in the notes (approx. cost £100).
- Community Emergency Plan
To receive report from Cllr Acton on progress of the Community Emergency Plan and agree proposals regarding:
- Information and accessibility
- Grants Panel
To agree proposals made at Grants Panel meeting of 25th October 2023
- Gurnard Village Green Status application
To agree the proposal that the Parish Council make a formal complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman regarding the current state of our Village Green Application. The Parish Council have correctly followed the procedure and when this application was received by the Council several years ago it should have been legally checked, copied and advertised etc.
- Gurnard Village Green children’s play area
- To agree the proposal that a working party is formed check the condition of the items that are currently in the Play Park and determine what needs repairing for future use, what needs replacing and where any agreed new items are best positioned.
- Members of the working party to be decided.
- Terms of reference of the working party to be written.
- Exclusion of the Press and Public
In accordance with section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act of 1960, the press and public will be excluded from the following items, having due regard to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
- Freedom of Information request
To agree Gurnard Parish Council’s response. Clerk will provide summary prior to the meeting.