The minutes of the meeting of Gurnard Parish Council held at 6.30pm on Wednesday 11th October 2023 at Gurnard Village Hall.
Present: Councillors Fuller (Chair), Nolan, Wood and Franklin.
Clerk: Richard Shaul
No members of the public were present
Apologies were received from Cllrs. Bugden, Jacobs, Williams, Bustin and Acton.
- Members’ declarations of interest
Cllr Fuller declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 111.23-24.a. As cabinet member for planning, things that are said in this meeting may change if further information is presented.
The minutes of the meeting of the council held on 14th June 2023 were taken as read, approved as a correct record and signed by the chair. No matters arising.
- Planning, licensing and tree preservation order applications
- To consider the following planning and licensing applications:
- 44 Worsley Road Gurnard Cowes Isle Of Wight
Ref. No: 23/01534/RVC | Received: Thu 31 Aug 2023 | Validated: Wed 27 Sep 2023 | Status: Registered
Variation of condition 2 (approved plans), 4 (Unloading, parking and turning space) and 6 (Arboreal Method Statement) on 22/00807/FUL to provide adequate parking and turning spaces for the approved dwellings.
Resolved: No Objection, but the Parish Council would request that the Ash tree that is to be removed is replaced with a similar tree of native species.
- The following planning decisions were noted:
- Parish Council Chairman
- IW Councillor
- Clerk’s Report
- Councillors reports
Reports submitted by Cllr Acton relating to Planting of commemorative tree, and Together for mission zero were noted.
- Cheque and electronic payments for September
The clerk provided details of 1 payment of £1,587.38 relating to September that had been paid but not yet approved at a council meeting.
The clerk provided details of 7 payments totalling £8,242.18 that were due to be paid but not yet approved at a council meeting.
Resolved: payments approved with the exception of 1 payment of £6,431.00 for which further information was required
1 receipts of £56.71 and an inter account transfer of £8,000.00 were noted.
- Copy bank statements and bank reconciliation for September were circulated prior to the meeting.
- Actions from the Facilities Committee of 27/09/2023
- Recommendation to accept the quote of £3,936.56from Howdens for the GVH kitchen refurbishment.
- Recommendation to accept the quote of £7,254 PA from contractor C for the toilet cleaning contract.
- Beach Working Party
- Proposal that the Beach WP seeks GPC endorsement of the vision of working towards regaining Blue Flag status (for Gurnard Beach) by 2025. This target to be achieved by targeting strategic criteria on the BF Award which are not currently met. The initial focus will be on water quality testing.
- Proposal that the Water testing station equipment be sited at the side room at Gurnard Village Hall.
- GPC to investigate the purchase a weather testing station to meet the need to improve weather testing facilities to build accurate and reliable data in a way which can be controlled by GPC.
Proposal that, now that the new website and email addresses are in use, the old website and email addresses can be discontinued by the end of October.
- Data privacy and security
- Proposal that GPC move the clerks’ GMAIL account to a paid secure gmail service such as Google workspace business plus service for £15/month /user.
- Proposal that GPC implements a new policy that personal mail accounts are no longer to be used for GPC council business and all Cllrs will be provided with a compliant GPC email account which is to be used, further that GPC council emails and documents must not be transferred to or emailed to Councillors personal owned devices or email accounts.
- Remembrance day wreath laying
- To approve donation to British Legion for the wreath (2022 £40)
- To approve the nomination of the Vice Chair to lay the wreath
- Agenda for the next Full Council meeting
- Gurnard Village Green status – Cllr Nolan
- Village Green play area – Cllr Nolan
The meeting closed at 20:30